October 2010 - Webacom Media Corp.

Monthly Archives: October 2010

Intellectual Property – Who Really Owns YOUR Design Files?

As many of you may know trying to obtain the raw Illustrator files or PSD for websites and logos and similar can be a huge challenge. We take over many websites on a monthly basis and were shocked as to how many do not have proper backups of all their raw files. They go to the originating graphic designers and over 70% of the time they are completely uncooperative and either ask for extra money or worse they claim to own the Intellectual property.

How to Choose a Web Design Company?

Years in Business - Most experienced business people know the statistics. 80% of all businesses will fail in the first five years. 80% of the remaining 20% will fail in the next five-year cycle. With those types of statistics we highly recommend a company that has been in business in at least it’s sixth year of operation. We mean FULL TIME, not a side business.